Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Missing Images after being Saved-as from Illustrator CS2019

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
I hope someone can help me with this: I have noticed, after creating art that the PDF resulting (whether saved as press ready, illustrator default ot smallest size available) is actually missing a chunk of the art. Example:  A deep colored blackground behind text. Everyting else is there in the PDF, excapt the background! I tried doing a high-res transparency flattener prest—no difference. My native art is NOT layered. Nothing is “locked” or missing / hidden. Fonts outlined or not. Seems to be an intermittent problem. When I “previoew the art (file is selected and spacebar is pressed) it all shows up as designed.
- - - - -

(See attachment: B4After.jpg screenshot of the before and after.) Today I tried a work around, ie creating the PDF from important art thru InDesign—same issue. So for now I have been making jpgs, but relly this is critiucal as I do a lot of print (and other) design. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much! (for moving it). yeah I wasn’t sure where this should go since technically there are many ways to create PDFs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the backgrund? Is this a rectangle colored in blue? It should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. Not sure you were able to see the up-loaded screenshot side-by-side, but the background was a solic color over which I had other art and text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create the background by drawing a rectangle and define the fill?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have been doing this for years, same way never an issue. (In other words I didn’t import in a JPG, let’s say, but rather drew the rectangle, assign a color.) Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer is set to print?

And it's not a template layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all layers (tho I usually only work in one layer) are set to print. Also note that the other elements on that same layer do print. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload the Illustrator file somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have 2 simple .ai files to upload. I dont seem to be able upload these in response... Is there a way, or do I need to create a new post for that? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum doesn't allow uploding. Please upload them to Dropbox or Creative Cloud and post a link. THank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Monica

Here is a link to the zipped illustrator file:

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/PDFProblem/BobKingSign_10-28-19.ai.zip?role=personal

if you can't down, let me know and I can invite by email. Also I have other files and can post the links. Maybe its this box (DropBox) but I can't seem to make public. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines