Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool cursor is an X

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is my pen tool cursor an X?

Caps lock is OFF and precise cursor is OFF. Both of these are off. Cursor is still an X.

I reset all my preferences to see if it would fix this but it hasn't. Still an X.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally turning off Precise Cursors in Preferences should do the trick. I wonder if there could be something else inteferring with the Pen Tool icon display. Are any third party plugins installed? If so, are they up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've already tried the two things that would normally fix the issue.

You could try uninstall/reinstall with the Adobe Cleaner Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @AustinMonroe,

Sorry to hear about your experience and for the delayed response. I hope Barbara's suggestions helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator and a screen recording of your workflow and the problem (https://adobe.ly/3WElMgs), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Austin,

If you mean a pen with an X is (usually) a sign of your trying to draw in a visible but unselected Layer; you can have a look at your Layers palette.

The + instead of a pen is the sign of what has been mentioned already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines