Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pencil/brush stroke lines

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm wondering how to create a vector based element that utilises this kind of finish? Where the white isn't completely flat and has a mix of depth to it in terms of the strokes and colour?

I've always used image trace to outline anything i do. But it always comes out quite flat. I'm wondering if there's an easy way to do this?
e908b161856135.5a7c09819d897.jpg

TheCollectedWorks_WorkingNotWorking_Gif_1_13b.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Only the calligraphic brush has pressure sensitivity controls, but only 3 options are not for opacity or noise which you need. This is a job for Photoshop.

Below is what you get from Illustrator Art Brush.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 12.09.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably hasn't been made in Illustrator at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you draw the strokes for the letters or manually trace the font to get a stroke as opposed to a fill, you can apply a brush to it. Open the Brushes panel. Go to the flyout menu on the upper right of the panel and select Open Brush Library > Bristle Brush > Bristle Brush Library. If you hover over the brushes, you'll see a name. Try Mop. Click it to add it to your Brush panel. Select the paths then the brush to apply it to the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only the calligraphic brush has pressure sensitivity controls, but only 3 options are not for opacity or noise which you need. This is a job for Photoshop.

Below is what you get from Illustrator Art Brush.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 12.09.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines