• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pink Screen is Back

Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the last two quick updates to illustrator on the Mac (the second 26.0.0 and the latest, 26.0.1) I'm getting the flash of pink on the screen again upon opening files on a Mac mini M1 (16 GB).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Hi @Visual Outlaw @jeffhalmos @Fridoux @Kat_Ma,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We can partially replicate the issue when moving Illustrator from one monitor to another. The screen flashes with pink color for a fraction of a second. I assume you all are using Apple Silicon Mac (M1, M2, M1 Pro/ Max/ Ultra).

Would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version of macOS & Ai
  • Does this pink screen disappear or stay for a while?
  • Is this happening while opening a specific file or all?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ai 27.1.1
MacOS 13.2 (b) Beta (22D7750270e) but was doing it before beta install

Mac mini M1 16GB RAM

Pink screen flashes then goes away

Random, at least for me at this time

I'll share the next time it's more reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm on AppleM1 Pro - Ventura 13.0.1

Ai: 27.1.1

The pink screen just appears when I open a file and disappear after a few seconds.

It happened in 90% of the case more and less but it could happen with one specific file and sometimes with the same file it doesn't happen after.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul,

Mac Stuido,  Apple M1 Ultra with 20-core CPU, 48-core GPU.

My system does it anythime there is a dialog box in Illustrator - especially missing fonts. Image attaached.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details @jeffhalmos @andidenney @Fridoux. I have forwarded it to the product team to further investigation. I will reach out to you if we need further details.

We appreciate your time & patience.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Macbook Pro

Apple M1 Pro, 32 GB RAM

Ventura 13.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Krzysztof27646000qigm,

I understand that you are experiencing the pink screen issue in Illustrator on your Macbook Pro. I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you.

Thank you for providing your Macbook Pro specifications and the recording of the issue. Can you please share the file on which you are facing this issue? Also, it would be great if you could provide me with the steps to reproduce this issue so that I can investigate it further.

I will make sure to pass on this information to the engineering and product team for their review.

Also, would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44707594-pink-s...)? This will help us prioritize it, and by doing this, you will also get updates on it.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. The magenta blink happens when external HDPI monitor is connected.

I have the Apple Studio Display. It also happens in a 4k monitor. When in CPU preview mode not magente flashing, but CPU mode is not ideal to use.

If fonts missing, its not a blink, it keep behind.

Macbook Pro M2 Max

Ventura 13.2.1

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-08 a las 16.10.11.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-08 a las 16.10.23.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done one test on Illustrator 27.3.1

If I take the entire artwork and copy/paste into a new document and save it, this new document opens fine, no pink screen. So it seems to happen only with old Illustrator documents that opens in latest illustrator version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue of the pink screen on my new MacBook Pro M1 Max but I also experienced glitching (different colours/shapes) in InDesign on my old 2013 iMac which I've just replaced. So the pink screen may be an M1 issue but InDesign glitching is not.

The pink screen happened just now on an open InDesign document when I closed the MacBook to work on an external monitor. I had to zoom out of the document to make it go away.

Spec is 2021 Apple M1 Max Pro, OS Ventura 13.3.1, Indesign 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, 

Recently i observered the similar issuer while using the Adobe Illustrator where i am getting pink screen for a fraction while opening an Illustrator file and while closing one file out of multiple opened files. My adobe verison  is 27.7 and i am using Macbook pro M2pro with 16gb ram. 

Kindly let me know if it is some sort of glitch and how it can be fixed. 

Thank you

Akash 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this on my M1 Macbook Pro Max (topped off) on latest Ventura. Magenta flash when opening docs, was worried having some internal driver issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this on Macbook Pro M2 Pro (16GB, 1TB) - It happens when I drag across windows between Macbook screen and external monitor that I have connected via HDMI directly. It's a brand new machine, and Adobe Illustrator was the first thing I installed alongside Creative Cloud, so there's nothing it could be interacting with. 

Once it has been dropped over, it will have the large magenta pink splotch / artifact, that will stay the same, until I interact with the window further, by either scaling the window size of the program, or further moving it around. At which point it will snap back to normal.

Hope it can be fixed soon!

PXL_20240419_160616441.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Cherry_Crunch,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator and if Illustrator behaves this way with all files?

Also, kindly upvote this UserVoice (https://adobe.ly/3U0OW6O...) and add your comments there. Doing this will help us prioritize this request, and you will be notified of any updates.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's all illustrator files, and its the most up to date version of both.

Illustrator Version 28.4.1

MacOS Sonoma Version 14.4.1

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines