Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

place holder text in illustrator?

Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello forumers

im was navigating around illi looking for maybe placeholder text like indesign has,but there is none right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Long time feature request, the Illustrator team once question me about it and they could not get the gist of using dummy text, it was like a why would you do that kind of reaction.

They did not understand how you can design a layout without know what it was going to say.

I tried many times to get a copy fitting feature as well but this just went past everyone, know one even here on the forum understands it.

At least on the Mac side there is no support from users for these features.

The only thing t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time feature request, the Illustrator team once question me about it and they could not get the gist of using dummy text, it was like a why would you do that kind of reaction.

They did not understand how you can design a layout without know what it was going to say.

I tried many times to get a copy fitting feature as well but this just went past everyone, know one even here on the forum understands it.

At least on the Mac side there is no support from users for these features.

The only thing to do is open ID make you text and copy and paste.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID's default Placeholder is the "standard" Lorem Ipsum, which can be found at http://www.lipsum.com/ -- with numerous variations, so take your pick.

Me, Geek, of course replaced ID's "placeholder.txt" with the correctly spelled original fragment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Jongware] correctly spelled

I think this is important. In order to simulate the layout you need text that interacts correctly with the spelling and imposition. In German we have lots of long words, so especially Lorem Ipsum doesn't make too much sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In German we have lots of long words, so especially Lorem Ipsum doesn't make too much sense.

Agreed! Lorem ipsum is not particularly useful when you have to use a lot of complicated terminology and need to check language specific hyphenation behavior. I simply prefer to copy&paste a goood news website...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounter this need very occasionally, and I (on Mac) use MacLorem as a text generator. A nice variety of old languages.

http://www.fika.org/davew/judebear/MacLorem/index.html

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i made a palette to generate lorem ipsum/dummy text/greeking which uses scriptographer http://vimeo.com/25502272

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines