• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placed PSD file and honour blending mode from PSD file

Enthusiast ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible to place PSD file that has its bottom layer set to Multiply and have it honoured in Illustrator?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , How-to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The long answer is no.

When you embed the image and make Objects out of layers, then you can set it to Multiply again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has existed for over 2 decades now. Strangely Corel Draw was able to accomplish  that last time I checked.

You will need to make 2 PSD files, one with shadow only (assuming that from your post as that is #1 reason by far to do that)  and the other with the color art. You can then set the filename_shad.psd to multiply in Illustrator, and place a copy on top of the color field in normal. 

FYI I set the shadow layer viability off in the color file, just so I do not misplace/lose that as illustrating perfect shadows can be time consuming. You can use the drop shadow effect in Illustrator as the shadows are ok, but not as realistic as a hadndrawn one with a hard and soft shadow/persepctive/etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do this now... workarounds, but having this natively work would be cool!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Todd_Morgan,

I understand that this functionality is important to you, and I apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind creating a UserVoice for this feature request (https://adobe.ly/4ditp2u) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this request, and you will be notified of any updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines