• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing PDF in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I have been able to place a pdf with fonts that I may not have into Illustrator, flatten and then outline fonts to preserve the look of the original document. Now with latest version of Illustrator cc (26.3.1). it recognises fonts when placed, so I can't just flatten and outline as it replaces fonts, changing the look of the orignal file.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately if you don't have the fonts you shouldn't really be able to use as you don't have the licence, so illustrator is acting as it should in my opinion..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a print and signage company so we

have files supplied by clients, who have license to the fonts, we are just downloading the files for printing. We do ask them to supply files with fonts outlined, but occasionally they don't do this and rather than have to go back and forth with them, we have been able to just flatten the artwork pdf supplied and outline fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should still be working if you are placing the .pdf as a linked file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @laraw16041705 ,

if you have to import the PDF pages not as linked files do the outlines of fonts in Acrobat Pro.

There is a Single Fix Up for this at Print Production > Preflight:

ConvertFontsToOutlines-AcrobatPro.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines