Exit

Pls Bring Back Old Cursors

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I just upgraded to your newest Illustrator CC Version (2nd November) AND:

Please change back the cursors to their old Version!

These new ones have some kind of clumsy feeling - dont feel as precise before.

If someone else feels this way - please drop a note.

Best

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. The angle of the point on the Pen and Selection tools is too wide. Feels clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT:

Also its just confusing to have new looks on the Tools - the old ones where just fine.

This is sadly a downgrade.

(Though I dont want to bash the work of your UI-Team - but this is a lil too much love)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a small Push - even this is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if more UI designers would set "design trends" rather than follow them. These interfaces which present so many tools are already inherently obtrusive just by sheer number of elements. So as fat-and-flat supplants sleek-and-slick, how could it not just get more obtrusive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Please, someone, find a way to go back to the old cursors!
C'mon man, don't throw me a new tool after all this time.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too like the old Pen tool nib better,  but I got used to the new look, and don't notice it anymore .

I  still don't like how you cannot remove stuff from the tool bar, or make it 3 wide ,or even horizontal , if i had anymore  plugins they would not fit on the laptop vertically.

I know you can make a custom toolbar , but strangely it doesn't have the gradient , draw behind  icons etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the whole thing is just sad...the best form of update would have been to just make the tool icons and text in the bars slightly bigger. Nothing could have been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm signing the petition - Please bring back the old cursors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure the UI designers realise that there are people out here looking at the Selection Tool and Direct Selection Tool cursor icons for hours and hours and hours every single day of their lives!! When you make a change like this it really messes with people's heads! The new cursor icons are larger and therefore are more distracting and feel less accurate. What was the point in the change please, has no value as far as I can see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So glad to see this post. The new cursors are totally distracting and really do feel less accurate. I know they are not (right? right?), but I feel like it's harder to grab handles, select corners... etc. Switching on "precise cursors" seems to have no effect (...even though all I really want are the old cursors back.)

I try not to be a creature of habit when it comes to software and technology, so that I can enjoy those experiences created by fellow designers and engineers... but as a designer myself, I can clearly see the difference between change for improved UX... vs change for the sake of appearance / needless decoration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines