• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNGs linked in show up in purple/white with yellow background

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I linked in some photos and they have all the same specs as the other photos in the document but for some reason when I reopen the file, they show up like the coloring has been messed with.  They are also both PNGs but only the one keeps showing up with a yellow background. They also keep getting put in groups they were not in, in clipping masks they were not in. I have to relink them each time I save the file. I cannot figure out what is going on. Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 4.03.57 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Hi All,

@Simona5FDD @rolom17175317 @shishir27035451avbp @Julius25978332d3gj @Baruch220614570sop @Boris0608 @jamile @Ornella2609028749u7

We are glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in Illustrator v27.0.1. 

Note: The files which are corrupted will not get fixed. To fix them, first, update to v27.0.1 and ensure you relink all the images in order to resolve the issue in the existing files. Let us know if the issue persists after doing this.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it as C

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Hi @jamile @Ornella2609028749u7,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has been resurfaced, and the product team is aware of the issue and currently working on a fix. Hopefully, the fix will be released with the next update. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45228802-illustrator-turning-all-pngs-into-negatives-after) and adding your comment there? By doing this, you will get updates and helps prioriti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Omar29309381tgli,

I understand that you are still facing an issue with PNGs linked in Illustrator.

I want to inform you that this issue has been fixed in Illustrator version 27.0.1. To further assist you in resolving this issue, could you please share a sample AI file and confirm your Illustrator version, along with the information asked by Ton? It's important to make sure you are using the latest version of Illustrator,  as older versions may not have the issue resolved.

If you are already using Illustrator's latest version and still facing the same issue, please provide more details about your workflow, including any specific settings or steps you are taking, so that I can better understand the issue and provide you with an appropriate solution.

I'm here to help and will do my best to assist you in resolving this issue. Please feel free to share any additional information or questions you may have.

Best,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issues. When placing PNG my whole swatches shifts toward CMYK looing swatches. I am using version 27.5 and every time I open the file a need to change all my elments to te correct RGB swatch.

These are my color settings.
Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 18.45.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @alexgsrubio_,

I'm sorry to hear about the swatch issue. To better assist you, could you please update Illustrator to the latest version (v28.1) and check if the problem persists? Additionally, it would be helpful if you could share the color profile ICC, the PNG causing the issue, and a screen recording demonstrating the problem. This information will aid in investigating and providing a more accurate solution.

Thank you,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines