• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressure Sensitivity not working in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things first. I'm running a Wacom Cintiq 16 on a Macbook Pro running Big Sur and a fresh install of Illustrator.

When I go to create a new brush, I can't select "pressure" in the drop down menu. Only "fixed" and "random" are clickable. I have tried everything I have read for the most part. I have went into my system preferences and made sure "com.wacom.IOManager" is enabled in "Accessibility".

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 11.25.23 PM.png

However, when I go to check "Automation" where Adobe Illustrator is supposed to be, it isn't there.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 11.29.40 PM.png

I have also unistalled and reinstalled Illustrator and updated my drivers for my Wacom.

Is there a way to add more programs into this Automation menu?

Any info is much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Wacom and have them guide you through this. It's not straightforward anymore to install their stuff.

There is an  item in the Illustrator preferences to activate a Wacom. Maybe that helps.

For some people this seemed to have helped:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-crash-wacom-drivers.html

May own Wacom is not running and I have given up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I just saw this response. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out. ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work when you create a bristle brush? because the option only works for me on that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Thanks for reaching out. I believe it was the same for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines