Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Exporting DXF Files

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem with DXf files.

I am having a nightmare with exporting DXF files for my letter bending machine. It is becoming a huge headache.

When I export and then try open, I either has it coming up with it not being closed or a dodgy shape. 

I have tried multiple ways of exporting. 

I have attached a example of the file when exporting to when I reopen in illustrator, you can see it is not correct.

I am running illustrator 2023 Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 21.46.03.pngScreenshot 2022-10-24 at 21.46.31.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Amanda23681098dcl9,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind pressing the Ctrl+E (Windows) / Cmd+E (macOS) keys on your keyboard after reopening the exported DXF and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It fies it when you openn, so you save and then reopen again and it is back to same. So means the letter bending software will see the file that is incorrect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you also see it is not closing the linesScreenshot 2022-10-24 at 23.05.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Amanda23681098dcl9,

Thanks for confirming that. This seems to be a problem with the GPU preview.
Would you mind exporting this as a JPEG and checking if the problem persists? Also, try switching to CPU Preview (Ctrl+E for Windows / Cmd+E for macOS) and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines