Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with compound layer

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have problems find, how to make this compound path to path, But everything I tried (pathfinder, make compund shape, shape, release ,, etc ) I can't get the result. that I want. a shape (not compound).

I have this in compound shape .. but i want to get this without compound shapes my results always are wrong

1.jpg

2.jpg

that happened when i released the compound !

3.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Hey, as I can see now, this is a the 'normal' behaviour when you release this path.

It's created like this:

1) two circles placed on each other

Schermafbeelding 2018-12-21 om 10.55.26.png

2) Then a compound path is created (with pathfinder or with Object > Compound Path > Make)

Schermafbeelding 2018-12-21 om 10.56.11.png

3) This is the result... When you release it, it will look like step 1...

Schermafbeelding 2018-12-21 om 10.56.18.png

So... If you want to make a single path of it, you can better remove the inner path, remove the fill color, and add a stroke color (for example). I'm not sure if this'll work with your path, but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, as I can see now, this is a the 'normal' behaviour when you release this path.

It's created like this:

1) two circles placed on each other

Schermafbeelding 2018-12-21 om 10.55.26.png

2) Then a compound path is created (with pathfinder or with Object > Compound Path > Make)

Schermafbeelding 2018-12-21 om 10.56.11.png

3) This is the result... When you release it, it will look like step 1...

Schermafbeelding 2018-12-21 om 10.56.18.png

So... If you want to make a single path of it, you can better remove the inner path, remove the fill color, and add a stroke color (for example). I'm not sure if this'll work with your path, but it might be an option.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to expand the compound shape by clicking on "Expand" in the pathfinder panel.

If there are holes in some shapes, then there will be a compound path as the result. Compound paths cannot be avoided in those situations.

There are no "compounds" in Illustrator. There are either compound shapes or compound paths. Illustrator: What's the difference between compound paths and compound shapes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines