Copied

Help. Thanx.

Here is a video of my problem with the puppet warp tool il illustrator

forum puppet warp - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

The puppet is treating each element as a separate element where in Photoshop it is one object. Illustrator will keep breaking them up but if you make the lines with the blend tool and keep the solid object behind it and blend it all at once the blend will keep it as one element. I think a compound shape should have worked too since that is one object but it still breaks up. Here is a sample of a blend object on top of a rectangle. I used many warps. Works great.

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 11.54.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that your line segments have a fill applied to them and not just a stroke? It looked like they have a white fill which shows when the line segments are curved. Try making sure fill is set to none and try the puppet  warp again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well offhand the only other thought is to convert the lines to outlines and then apply warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with lines that are strokes or are they filled closed shapes? Are they grouped? How was the illustration constructed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple stroke paths for the lines.

Simple rectangle shape for squareé

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The puppet is treating each element as a separate element where in Photoshop it is one object. Illustrator will keep breaking them up but if you make the lines with the blend tool and keep the solid object behind it and blend it all at once the blend will keep it as one element. I think a compound shape should have worked too since that is one object but it still breaks up. Here is a sample of a blend object on top of a rectangle. I used many warps. Works great.

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 11.54.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katie.... Excellent post and descriptions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow cool. I shall try that and let you know. Thanx,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Genius! It works. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to duplicate your problem but everything worked ok. Maybe the Illustrator preferences have been messed up somehow. You could try shutting down Illustrator, deleting the Illustrator preference file in the library and then restart Illustrator. Then try the puppet warp on your objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines