• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This type was created in a different version of Illustrator..."

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a font using shapes drawn in illustrator and using the font self adobe extension. I have had to add additional characters and resaved the font with no problem. Adobe products recognized the change and the font automatically updated. Now in the most recent version of the font I had to adjust the kerning and tracking of it. When I go into a file that already has the older tigher tracking version, the font does not automatically update, nor does adobe even prompt you that the font needs to readjust. I only receive the attached message when I go to double click into the text box itself. Once I double click and hit ok the text readjusts to show the new tracking. I have tried using find/replace to replace the font with the font, but that will not update every iteration of the font in one document. I am also unable to click on legacy text and the option to update legacy text. Is there something I am missing in order to allow this font to automatically update? I have several files that contain this one font and would love them to all update seamlessly without having to double click into every text box. Another weird work around I have found is opening the document, removing the font from my library in fontbook, allowing the document to recognize the missing font (red highlight), then reinstalling the font. This works, but is not ideal, as it does take time. Please let me know if there is something else I should try to allow this font I have created to automatically update and adjust to the new kerning. When I did update the font, I did close everything out and then delete the older version and reinstall the new. It still is for some reason holding on to the older version of the font. I have tried in illustrator 2022 and 2021 and receive the same message in both. I updated the font in 2022. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 10.08.29 AM.png

 

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you need to clear your font caches. Your "old" font may still be held in your system.

If you Google "delete font caches Mac", you will find scads of instructions.

This is just one: https://glyphsapp.com/learn/eliminating-font-cache-problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared my cache and nothing is present in my adobe "fonts" folder. My coworkers are also experiencing the same problem all across various computers. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 5.29.49 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe install the font correctly in your User Library's Fonts folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work either 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

have you fixed it? i have a same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@지연_PL28845654wcqh  schrieb:

Hello,

have you fixed it? i have a same problem. 

Which version are you using on which system?

Is that happening with all files? Or just some very old files.

How did you transfer the files to the computer?

But also: This might happen from time to time, because the font engine is updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines