• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial Repeat functions : Does anybody has a clear view of the process?

Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Y'all

Adding or editing instances of the shape is OK.

But regarding the use of the circle ankle I cannot get any satisfying explaination about what to expect and what to do…

At some point the shape is inverted and then you cannot revert to the original (except with com Z of course ;-))

Look at the video… I would add : at the end I press option key on Mac to get this effect.

But there is no way to enter size and angle values numerically in the dialog box which is limited to the number of instances

If any of you has infos I will be very grateful!

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the repeat functions do not have a lot of controls, if you want more control, you can use the effects in the Appearance panel, but then you lose the on screen interactivity.

The shape direction that you inverted by holding down the alt/option key can be reversed in the same way, but by dragging in the opposite direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact the reverse is not caused by the Alt key but when the downsizing get to some point. I just used thealt key after and it makes the shapes rotates so they are no more radial but radial and inclined.

But all these operations still seem rather random and should be fixed once for all…

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it is just "controlled" by wherever you drag your mouse.

This is what I get by moving the radius widget up and down while holding down the Alt/Option key.

altkey.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have the same result.

The real problem is the inversion of the shape once you reduce to a certain point (without Alt key)

Also if you overpass a certain size the shapes are flying outside of the artboard…

Maybe also the performances depend on the GPU… I have an old 2020 vintel MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines