• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rainbow Glow to Object in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am trying to create a rainbow glow around the number 3 to match the effect on the 0. Is there a simple way to do this in Illustrator? I wish I could just use the eyedropper tool to match it but it's not that easy! Also, is there a simple way to keep the colors vibrant when making this for print? Thank you for any advice you may have! 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Hello @Marc26134943gm46,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Kevin and Mike helped with your project. If not, kindly try the steps shared in these tutorials and share your observations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q82AXO6U98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9wf-SfV_mM

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vibrant colors and print don't usually go hand in hand.

You'll have to make sure your document and colors are in the CMYK setup.

If you are creating in RGB, the gamut will be larger than what CMYK printing can reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use appearance pallete. Remove the fill at the character level, then go to type level and add these. I used gradient palette and set gradient along stroke, and choose one of the presets from the spectrum swatch library.

MikeGondek_0-1664822611715.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you set what @Mike_Gondek posted (awesome method) - I would go to View menu>Overprint Preview to see what this would look like in CMYK Print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as keeping the colors vibrant for CMYK print, I would do a bleed of the colors going into the black, so that you don't get pinholing or the colors fading and getting weaker going  into black. No one will notice the bleed, will actually make the black richer.

You should make a rich black of the black 3 shape, and skinny the CMY plates about .004" under the black. I recommend 60c 40MY 100K for your rich black. Not sure if this is litho/flexo/roto/dry offset/digital, but don't want you blasting ink using 100CMYK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Marc26134943gm46,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Kevin and Mike helped with your project. If not, kindly try the steps shared in these tutorials and share your observations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q82AXO6U98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9wf-SfV_mM

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines