• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random tools not working in Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a teacher and my students download Illustrator to their computers for my class. I have one student who has had several issues with tools not working like they should. The bounding box disappears, the pathfinder tool isn't cutting shapes with divide. He's doing everything correctly. I can't figure out what the issue is. Is there a general "reset" for setting or something that may help?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this experience. You may ask him to try resetting preferences for Illustrator by following the steps shared here.

Please note that all the custom settings would reset too. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it have unheated the bounding box?
In the View menu, do you check the options for hide edges, Show Bounding Box?

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before resetting preferences, you might try resetting the tools themselves. Select the tool in the Tools panel. In the upper left corner, right click on the tool icon and choose to reset it or reset all tools.

If that doesn't work, reset preferences as Srishti described.

If resetting preferences doesn't work, you can use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, which has saved me a few times. It's not the same as a standard uninstall/reinstall; it has a BAT file that cleans things up. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines