• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recolor Artwork not working in newest version of Illustrator CC

Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an all black and white vector logo and I want to change the black to another color using the Recolor Artwork tool since the logo is made up of strokes and fills. It's not doing anything when I try to use this tool.

Recolor artwork is checked on the bottom left. I've retried with a simple black square and that isn't working either.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Screen-Shot-2018-09-27-at-3.46.08-PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Click on this icon

Make sure that black is not protected from recoloring.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on this icon

Make sure that black is not protected from recoloring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem, but that didn't help me.  I didn't have preserve black, white or grey checked.  When I try and change the color of an individual shade of grey selection, the current color is indicated with a question mark.  I try and change just that piece, and nothing happens.  so I can't seem to change the color on my purchased grey scale artwork on an individual piece by piece level or using recolor artwork. 

An interesting note is when I did try recolor artwork, one piece of wording did change color, but that was part I was going to delete.  The only difference is this piece didn't have a separate clipping mask.  However, I have recolored artwork that had clipping masks before. 

Help is appreciated.

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I don't have any layers locked. 🙂 Help for Wichita coloring.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks strange.

What is in the clip groups?

And how come your current color in the screendump is the same as the color you want it to change to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip groups are a clipping mask and the shape, or compound images (although not sure what that is, I bought the image, not made it), and the colors are the same because I already tried to recolor.  It says it already is that color, but obviously isn't.  Not sure what I am not doing correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are images in your clip groups. Pixel images, that is. You can't recolor them with Recolor artwork. Complain to the stock people who sold you this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! SO CORRECT!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you do that. I go to my home page with a house on Recolor app & it says"unauthorized to use, error"

It in a black line. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! Solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the line between the black color and the new red color to allow the black to be changed.

When you click that line it should become an arrow that points to the new color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines