• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

red plus sign - how to remove it?

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i am learning illustrator CS2 (i know, it's ancient), and am having truble with fitting type to a path.  yesterday, it was working just fine, but today the path has a red plus sign that wn't let me enter text. 

i am trying to place the type on a circle.  i draw the circle, select it, and then switch to the type in a path tool.  i click the type tool in the selected circle, then set up the type on a path option.  then i try to type only a few letters, not nearly enough to surround the circle.  voila! nothing happens.

i even opened a new page and tried it there, but again, nothing happened. 

because this problem didn't happen yesterday, and my first attempt today was successful, i am totally perplexed. 

i've googled this problem, but couldn't succeed in finding the answer.  plese help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either you text is just too long, the type is set up to be too big or you didn't set the brackets right

see here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/illustrator/cs/using/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e07d0100196cbc5f-63eca.html (Handling is the same in Version CS2)

You can also move the left and right bracket, which is not mentioned on that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short... the red plus sign means there's more text there which is not visible. (overset text).

Monika posted some helpful tips on how to alter the text or the path to get the additional text to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you it was annoying me that the red + was on my image and had no idea how to get rid of it.  Glad it was an easy fix.  It has almost a decade since you answered this but I just wanted you to know that your answer is still helping people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines