Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RGB to CMYK conversion issue- Pulling my hair out@

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there-

I have downloaded a VECTOR image from Shutterstock, and it was built as an RGB file. When I try to convert it to CMYK (File-->Document Mode-->Concert to CMYK), it totally whacks out the image. I have tried everything I know how to do, and can't figure this out. I've tried changing the colors in the palette to CMYK, but it doesn't convert them permanently.

I'm attaching two files (as JPEGS so you can see the problem), one shows the sunshine image nice and smooth. The other is after the conversion to CMYK.

If you have any ideas, or want to see the actual file, please email me at bsmith6356@gmail.com and I will send you the actual .eps file.

THANK YOU!

Brent79075330-RGB.jpg 79075330-CMYK.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi & good evening..

I'm just started my intern and I rarely used AI before. So, there are many things that i want to know.

My senior designer asked me to design either ;

option A:  using AI in CMYK mode. After that before print, he asked me to open AI file in Photoshop and convert to RGB and save as                 JPEG. Then, you can print the JPEG file.

option B: Using AI in CMYK mode but the color using PANTONE color.

So, I just decided using option A because its my first time heard about PANTONE.

I don't really understand why I have to do that. When I asked him, he just simply say to brighten up the output. When I asked he again why, he mad at me.

anyway lots and lots and lots of thanks to all of you.

p/s: sorry if you find this hard to understand. Still improving my english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nmierapkz schrieb:

hi & good evening..

I'm just started my intern and I rarely used AI before. So, there are many things that i want to know.

My senior designer asked me to design either ;

option A: using AI in CMYK mode. After that before print, he asked me to open AI file in Photoshop and convert to RGB and save as JPEG. Then, you can print the JPEG file.

option B: Using AI in CMYK mode but the color using PANTONE color.

So, I just decided using option A because its my first time heard about PANTONE.

I don't really understand why I have to do that. When I asked him, he just simply say to brighten up the output. When I asked he again why, he mad at me.

anyway lots and lots and lots of thanks to all of you.

p/s: sorry if you find this hard to understand. Still improving my english

Please create your own thread. Discussing your completely different issues in this old thread will only confuse everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/UMvjJ2NCYmw

Check out this video, If you gonna print your file after all, follow the methods in this video Gradient RGB to CMYK conversion - YouTube  it'll give you 99% same result after printing that file. There're no other ways to solve this issue, that's why I would like to use this trick for printing. 

@bsmith2608

@Monika Gause

@artboy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would just save it as .tiff from illustrator, that will make it CYMK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save it as an eps, then you won't get that weird gradient flare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have faced the same issue, several times! I finally decided to open the illustrator file in Photoshop and change the color mode from there. If you want to place the file in Indesign, it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines