Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rulers greyed out and not setting

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

After mistakenly rotating the artboard and then resetting it to 0 degrees I cannot set the position of the rulers. They are remaining greyed out. When I create a new file I can iuse the rulers fine. Can anybody help?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just double click on the rotate view tool the rulers will be active, then choose any other tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manel, 

Thanks for your reply. Below are the steps I took, but I got no result. The rulers are not working. 

I clicked on the menu expansion dots ... and scrolled down to the rotate view tool (see attached). The tool was greyed out but I hit Shift H and the tool icon appeared. I can't show a screenshot of that Icon becasue that Icon dissapear when you take a screen shot, but the roatate view icon appears. To make sure it worked I rotated the artboard and then set it back to zero degrees. 

I've then selected the selection tool and tried to drag the rulers to a new zero position, noting moves, the rulers remain greyed out. I hope somebody can help becasue I can't get anything done with the file until it's resolved. I've attached the file here. 

I deleted out the file's contents and placed in a couple of boxes. Maybe it will help with offering a solution.

Thanks

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the file with the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hope your issue is resolved by now. If you still have issues, please share the file.

I do not see the file attached. Would it be possible for you to save the file on Creative Cloud(or any other cloud storage you use) and share the link here. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problen and nothing offered has worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problen and nothing offered has worked

By @Jeffrey Lawler

Please tell us your version and system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to top menu: view/rotate view / 0°

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ran into this issues today, and the View -> Rotate View -> 0° worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines