• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web not available in Illustrator CC 2015.3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always counted on Save for Web in Illustrator. Now it appears to have been removed. What are our other options now?

Running a Macbook Pro with latest OS and 16GB RAM.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

S4W has now a new home inside the export menu. Please see the snapshot.

We have also added a new export route. Capture.PNGPlease try the new fast export feature and let us know how you feel about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like one feature of Export for screens: the ability to export multiple artboards at once.

That said, it's clunky, limits the export options, and the files it creates are not compressed well.

A jpeg 80 from export from screens is larger than a jpeg 80 in save for web. I'd just ignore it and do things the way I always have, but as other mentioned Save for Web no longer remembers the export setting and defaults to GIF.

Give us save for web with the ability to export multiple artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more note: the export for screens jpeg settings all default to CMYK (that explains the larger file size). What screen uses CMYK? And trying to save over the preset doesn't work.

Ok now I've moved from sightly annoyed to angry. This coupled with the save for web not saving settings is going to add a lot of time to my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with most everyone else.  This option is much inferior to save for web.  I don's see a way to turn transparency on or off as I could with the old.  Please bring save for web back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Export for Screens, for Transparency:  Look for the cogwheel above the Formats box (next to where it says iOS and Android). In these settings you can turn transparency on/off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Save for Web bug where it forgets your previously used settings and always defaults back to GIF has been fixed in the 2015.3.1 update. Yes!!!!

Now when I set Save for Web to PNG transparent, it always opens as PNG transparent! Hurrah! Well done Adobe for responding and fixing this bug quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it's now July of 2024 and Save for Web only remebers your save location the second time you use the file. It used to remember the last directory where a file was saved, a much better option.
Screens is okay, but clunky, slow, and not suited to most folks needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using version CC2015 or which version is your comment about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines