• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

script UI onClick listener not reading selection correctly

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some reason when I call the event listener on a button it doesn't want to store the selection  (might be losing selection onBlur? not sure)

there are several lines that really confuse me, because of scope, they should have access to the selection since it is defined outside the function. Here is a gist of the code since I cant stand forums syntax highlighting :X

https://gist.github.com/3030813

line 43-50 are where I am the most confused. any ideas?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you use a "palette" type window, which can not directly communicate with Illustrator.

You should use "dialog", or have a look at this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4402253#4402253

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

doesn't that defeat the purpose of palette....? I'm confused. rather not use dialog becaues it's persistant. how would I go about adding a panel to illustrator? I know there is configurator in Photoshop, do I have to get into C to program a pallette or can I use Flex or something similar...?

I'm very familiar with dialog, its the persistance that I am after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines