Exit

SDK API to replace glyph using alternate glyph

Participant ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator version: CC 27.1 English-Arabic

SDK Version: CC 2022

I have a plugin that inserts texts into text frames. I encountered an issue with arabic digits. When arabic digit is inserted, for example digit 2 in arabic, u+0662, it converts to digit 2 in ascii , u+0032. The behavior is the same even if I copy pasted the character in UI. The display is ok once I change the font (or if the font is preset to arabic by default or set before insertion/copy-paste in textframe), but looks like it still maintains u+0032 in backend. If I try to get contents using sdk, I get 0032, not 0662.

In UI, it allows me to choose alternate glyph, and lists 0662 as an alternate. If I select it, everything is fine. When I retreive content using sdk, I get 0662. I am not able to figure out how to do the same, but programmatically using sdk.

I want to either

(1) stop the auto conversion of digits inserted/pasted in text frame ( could not find any setting to do this, not sure if there is one)

or

(2) insert the right digit (arabic-indic-digit) using sdk somehow or after insertion, change the glyph to the correct one using sdk.

Any help, sample code is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
SDK , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?