Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharp Points Don't Line Up Together

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sometimes I have this issue where I'm drawing a shape with the Pen tool and one of the points will get really sharp. I am not given a dot that you can pull on to smooth out the stroke at the top, and the grid snaps the line either too short or too long like I have shown here. What can I do to make edges like this more subtle?

sharp corner.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Monica's suggestion works great. I often use that method.

You can also use the corner widget to adjust the roundness, which would give you more control on the amount of roundness.

For the shape in your example another way to avoid the projecting corner would be to draw the outer shape and then add a straight line to connect the corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the strokes panel set the corners to round

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will that work with an open ended line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Monica's suggestion works great. I often use that method.

You can also use the corner widget to adjust the roundness, which would give you more control on the amount of roundness.

For the shape in your example another way to avoid the projecting corner would be to draw the outer shape and then add a straight line to connect the corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines