• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Dragging in macOS Sonoma

Mentor ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm sure everyone using Sonoma on an Intel Mac has noticed all their tool palettes drag like molasses now. My question is: is there likely to be a fix for this, or do I need to either roll back my OS or buy a new computer? It is becoming unbearable. Video of the problem: https://youtu.be/x_OcYGzH7GE

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Magnet app installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not sure what that is, but maybe I have something similar installed. Are you suggesting this is NOT what Intel Macs on Sonoma do for everyone? It definitely started happening after installing Sonoma, and it happens in every Adobe application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people are complaining about it. For some uninstalling the Magnet app has solved it.

For others the setting that monitors have different spaces is causing it.

Apart from that, nothing is known yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Kris Hunt,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and check if it helps.

Also, try running Illustrator under Safe Mode (Windows / macOS) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines