• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smooth tool intensity settings broken in v29.0

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else notice that the smooth tool now is set to max intensity/simplification despite turning all settings to "accurate"? Even if I only have some anchor points selected, the entire path gets max simplified.

Please stop messing around with the smooth tool Adobe!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't happen for me.

Did you already reboot? Reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming back a day later to say it seems like this problem keeps happening, restarting fixes it temporarily but after a while it turns up again, meaning I have to restart multiple times throughout the workday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are somehow confusing the Smooth tool from the main Tools palette and the one that is available in the Object menu.

Two different approaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried both Smooths and they behave the same for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me too.

I was probably just trying to say that I cannot reproduce the complaint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - I am using the 28.71 Version now, had both installed and the older one works fine so far. Hope they fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've found the annoying way Adobe wants us to do this. Use the direct selection tool to select the specific anchor points you want to smooth out. Then use the little slide bar that pops up when you click on the smooth tool and use the slider to smooth out your selected anchor points.

I really hate that this is the way (or at least the closest way I found to get the results we liked before the update) for us to smooth lines out now. Adobe had the use of the tool and the intensity of it so perfect before and now we have to deal with this. I hope they fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2024 Oct 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

somehow this is not great to smooth the points! it messes with the whole line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2024 Oct 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's absolutely broken. Please tweak this back to the way it's always functioned in the next update Adobe. We belive in you. You can do this 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2024 Oct 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's unusable! Please fix this ASAP Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2024 Oct 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this is an issue with v29.0 and going back to the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines