• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some of the tools in my Illustrator app are not working.

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the tools in my Illustrator app are not working. Example, the Ellipse, polygon, star and other tools are greyed, they are not working. Please help.

Regards

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably looking at the customization of a new custom toolbox.

What happens if you select Windows > Toolbars > Advanced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Fennell29823256mz6a,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the suggestions shared by Ton helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may save a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines