• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sometimes when I close my Illustrator CS6 file it automatically saves without asking me if I want to

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, if I didn't want to save the file this creates a problem. It doesn't happen all the time, just ocassionally and I can't figure out why it does it. Any thoughts?

I'm using an iMac 2.5GHz Intel Core i5, Mac OSX 10.7.5, Illustrator CS6 v16.0.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I already sent this problem to Extensis France, and they transmistted it in US.

Wait, wait, wait and hope...

It is too bad than Adobe don't discovered this problem before us...

Bye

SK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's time to talk to Extensis.

For sure!! 

I have contacted Extensis and someone appears to be looking into it - but I have not heard back after their initial contact and my reply back.  (Almost a week now.)  I have pointed them to this thread and explained the issue, but I don't get the feeling that they are owning the issue unfortunately.

I would suggest that if you are affected by this issue, go ahead and file a support request with them.  It might help Extensis gather more information about the issue AND take it a bit more seriously.

https://www.extensis.com/support/contact-technical-support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to all who found this solution!

I reported to Extensis just now. And also included thread. Pointed out the only reason I upgraded my Suitcase was for the auto-activation in CS6, and  that was after months of waiting for the release of the plugin. (CS6  was released and Extensis released Fusion 4 without the plugin - which was months in delay.) Disabling the plugin makes Suitcase Fusion 4 no better than the previous version of their software in effect.

Hopefully both parties will work together. I *suspect* some sort of update in the Adobe suite may have broken the plugin, as I did not experience any issues from January through March. In April it all started acting wonky.

With the plugin off, I am able to work with no issues. But I would like the feature back in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm chiming in to let you all know that Extensis is indeed tracking this escalation (#TS1503) but so far we've been unsuccessful reproducing it internally. From the customer reports we are investigating it appears to be an intermittent event.

If you can share any definitive (reproducible) steps please feel free to submit them to me directly or the support team at Extensis.

Please reference the escalation number above.

cmeyer@extensis.com or support @ extensis.com

We will work closely with the Illustrator Dev Team as needed once we can determine more details about the issue's root cause.

Cheers,

Chris Meyer

Extensis Font Management Product Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Thanks to all for providing assistance with this issue. Our support team has reproduced the issue internally and a product defect has been logged (#44574). The problem occurs intermittently but we feel we have enough details to proceed forward.

I will follow up with our action plan once the Suitcase engineers have reviewed and assessed the resolution requirements.

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are aware, we are using Universal Type Client (not Suitcase) here and are having the same issue. Thanks for acknowledging the bug and getting back to us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, thanks for including your comment.

The plugin technology is shared between both products (Suitcase & UTS) so we will offer a fix in the next UTC update as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update? I removed the plug in to keep production going and have lost our ability to collect fonts. Is there a patch, update, something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ed,

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but there has not been a release made available yet.

We are getting close but I don't have an exact date for the patch release. I will keep you informed as soon as I have a targeted date.

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I am hoping you have an update for us by now.  Even if a full release is still not available at this point, can you supply a patch?  This bug is still crippling my workflow and I'm getting (expletive deleted) tired of it.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello tektraveler,

I hear your frustration and sincerely apologize for the severity this issue has caused you. Here is the best update I can provide you.

Extensis will deliver a Suitcase Fusion 5 release in about a week to ten days.

This release will be a (paid) upgrade and provides new features, Adobe Creative Cloud plugins and addresses this specific Illustrator CS6 plugin issue.

The Suitcase Team is also working on a (free) Suitcase Fusion 4 patch update that addresses this and a few other plugin related issues and should be available later in the month.

I still do not have the exact date but will update you as soon as I know the actual committed release date.

Unfortunately these plugin issues have taken much longer to fix than anyone at Extensis expected.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from France,

I've just learned I was the only french with this problem. Is there any French people in the room?

I've just installed the new version of Suitcase 5 V16.0.0, and the problem is always here 😞

Any other idea to stop this f*** trouble?

Thanks

Stéphane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stéphane,

We are looking into this issue you've reported to see if there is a specific localization issue preventing your French version of SF5 from functioning properly.

Can you answer the following questions to help us with reproducing it in the exact versions you are using?

1. What OS version are you using?

3. Is this occurring in CS6 or CC?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Illustrator CC and suitcase fusion 5 and am having the same problems I did before with CS6 and suitcase fusion 4. It'll print and save without bringing up the dialog box, but once I remove the SF plugin from CC the problem goes away. I am using OS X 10.8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kjfear,

Are you using the English version of Fusion 5 or a language version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The English version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Extensis,

I have installed Suitcase 5 and I have more problems than before: now I have the "auto OK" with more menus: save as, print, Illustrator palette... and with other softwares: now Mail, Acrobat... We can't work like this anymore. I lost a big customer,  we were unable to save as a specific PDF, because the menu was ever validated, on 6 MacPros.

I don't want to renew my ASA contract.

My exact configuration on MacPro:

Mac Pro: 2 x 2,93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2009)

RAM: 16 Go 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

VideoCards: ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 Mo + 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 Mo

Screens: Eizo ColorEdge CG245W on the HD 5870

Apple LED Cinema Display 24 on GT 120

Samsung SyncMaster P2450 on GT 120

CS6 : AI 16.0.4 (691)

Suitcase 16.0.0

Mouse Logitech with Driver 3.6.0

PackOffice 14.3.5

I hope you will save your software...

Bye,

Stéphane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stéphane,

I'm sorry you are having problems since upgrading to Suitcase Fusion 5. The save/print dialog issue in Ilustrator has been a bigger issue for Extensis than expected. Adobe has had to assist us in order to fix it properly. We are preparing a 16.0.1 dot release that will be available next week.

I am not certain what specific issues you are having with mail and Acrobat applications because Suitcase doesn't have any plugins for either application so I'm not sure if the problems you are facing have anything to do with Suitcase.

It is impossible for me to determine what you are experiencing from this forum so I suggest you contact our European Tech Support Team directly.

Please call +44 (0) 1604-654-270 or email us at uksupportdl@extensis.co.uk

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

Mac Pro: 2 x 2,93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2009)

RAM: 16 Go 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

VideoCards: ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 Mo + 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 Mo

CS6 : AI 16.0.4

Thanks

Stéphane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stéphane for your quick reply.

We are researching this issue straight away and will provide more information as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines