Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke oddity

New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can someone please tell me if they ever seen their stroke Ink colour tab in the tools bar displaying a kind

of shaped mask on it, like in my case it's not a solid stroke colour box, but rather a strip of white - followed by a shaped strip of stroke colour - followed again

by a strip of white (or substrate colour).

If I switch colours on the fly, it immediately turns into a normal full stroke box.

Is this a brush shape that is being applied to the stroke or a mask?

And it looks suspiciously like the packaging I am working on, which is why I find it so strange as I have

never seen this before. (I've been working with Adobe products / Illustrator for at least the past decade and half.)

Also I can confirm it has a definite impact on where the stroke is, and isn't.

Thanks guys!

AStroke.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

is there a pattern swatch of some kind in the swatches panel that matches what you see in the stroke? perhaps that's what's being applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a pattern swatch of some kind in the swatches panel that matches what you see in the stroke? perhaps that's what's being applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll have a look, it might very well be that. I just have never seen it change the stroke block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that was exactly it. Odd that, can't recall if I've ever seen that before, but to be honest I haven't had to deal with

people modifying strokes etc beyond the usual thickness, inside outside etc stuff, in the last 9 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines