• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke size maxes at 13.88 inches or 1000 pixels. Any idea how or why?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I have an illustrator document that is for a large print banner and is 100 inches across and 48 inches tall. I am attempting to add in some single lines and arcs from related designs but the stroke size will not increase beyond 1000 pixels, or 13.88 inches.

I have updated illustrator and restarted both the program and my computer. I have tried turning the preference "scale stroke and effects" on and off, and the object is a single line and not a compound path.

Screengrab below if it helps. I can attach the actual file if needed but there is not much on it, just trying to figure out these lines.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any insight is appreciated, thank you.

Screenshot (167).png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Experiment , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once thing I would consider is if you use only vector elements (no pixels from images):

• I would create the design 10x smaller
  • Save a copy of the file
  • outline everything (text, lines....)
  • Scale the result up or talk to the printer to test a scaledup print option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that is just the limit to the stroke width.

Can you apply a brush instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have hit a limit, you can try workarounds like outlining th the stroke, simplify the paths and add another stroke to the outside.

Or draw the shape as a single unstroked path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you those who commented. I was hoping it was a simple setting I was missing so I could continue with my copy/paste method but oh well, I'll use the suggested workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please report here on the result and the method that works best for you. It could help other users with the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines