• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

svg file saving as html document

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to save an image as a SVG but it's saving as an html document. I need to upload this image to a tshirt making site - available uploading options are EPS and SVG but because it keeps saving as an html document, it's being rejected from the site. Is there a way to fix this or is this novice unaware that that's just how they save?! ughh!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what method are you using to save as svg? what's your illustrator version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know what method it is, I just kept whatever popped up. I’m brand new at this! And it’s the most recent version....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you go File->Save As... or File->Export for Screens..., or File->Export As...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried save as, which saved it as the svg originally but then in my photos file, it was saved as a google html file. I’m not at my computer but I tried to export something like for internet or something like that? What is the correct way to do it so it shows as an actual image?! I even tried png to svg converters online and it wouldn’t work. Is there a way to choose which program besides  illustrator or Photoshop opens it? Would that affect what’s happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link to the site? I am worried you are trying to do something impossible with an image. What form is the image now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol well, I probably AM trying to do something impossible. About two years ago, I had a program on my computer that automatically took my PNG files and made it so I could trace them and save them as EPS files but for the life of me, I can’t remember what it was called! I don’t necessarily need an svg, I could use eps also but for this website, it needs to be one or the other. Again, I’m not near my computer right now to show you what it’s saying. But if someone could walk be through what I’m SUPPOSED to be doing, that’d be great Because I’m at a stand still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your base image is a PNG.

And you want to print the artwork using which kind of process? Plot it and then have it pressed on a t-shirt?

If so, you will need to autotrace the image first, before you can save as vector artwork. Because that seems what the service is asking for. Both SVG and EPS can contain raster artwork, but probably raster artwork cannot be used for what you want.

You might want to actually talk to those people.

In Illustrator you could use the Image trace function, which is explained here:

How to edit artwork in Illustrator using Image Trace

No need to talk you through it, you actually just need to read that piece of documentation.

But maybe your PNG isn't even suitable for this kind of vectorization and then you will need to do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to trace it in illustrator but again, when I save as svg, it’s showing up as google html document in my folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

melissam32  schrieb

I tried to trace it in illustrator but again, when I save as svg, it’s showing up as google html document in my folder

In which folder?

Please describe step by step what you are doing.

Where you are saving what

What are you uploading where

With which viewer you are looking at things.

We can't help you if you don't do that.

We don't have crystal balls.

We don't see what you see. We don't see what you do.

Help us to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am facing this same issue, did you find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines