• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swapping colors in a color group?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a color group of 6 CMYK colors for a large group of charts. I need to switch to a new color palate. Is there a way to swap the new six colors for the old ones? The only way I see is to copy all the 4 digit color percents for the C,M,Y & K into each swatch - is there an easier way? Many thanks! BTW, I'm in CS6. And of course - I am hoping that the colors now in the charts will update to the new palate as it changes.

I googled this and read that option dragging a swatch over the swatch in the color group would change it's color - but that isn't working. It would be lovely if it did!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new color group with the new colors in the same order as you want them to replace the old colors you can use Recolor Artwork.

Just select your artwork

Choose: Edit > Edit Colors > Recolor Artwork

Click on the new color group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will go try this! fingers crossed! Back in morning with full report!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton, the weirdest thing is happening. I've brought in 6 new color swatches and keep trying to make a group of them - but they create a group -  but out of order. IT's weird, I'm not doing anything different - and .ai won't even let me rearrange them into the order I want. Would you have any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Well, finally - with swatches in large view I was able to rearrange them. but it was odd - swatches wouldn't come in in the order they were in - without my switching them around by had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

karenf1 schrieb:

Ton, the weirdest thing is happening. I've brought in 6 new color swatches and keep trying to make a group of them - but they create a group - but out of order. IT's weird, I'm not doing anything different - and .ai won't even let me rearrange them into the order I want. Would you have any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Well, finally - with swatches in large view I was able to rearrange them. but it was odd - swatches wouldn't come in in the order they were in - without my switching them around by had.

It's always good to see what we're talking about.

Please. Post. A. Screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create these 6 new color swatches?

If you create objects, color them and add these colors to your swatches panel, they don't come in in the order you created.

As far as I can tell they are first ordered by the Hue angle from the HSB sliders.

Reordering them benefits from dragging large thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the order you manually drag them by hand should be respected whether you are in list or thumbnail view in all sizes.

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 6.30.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 6.30.58 PM.png

Th order on the left  side is controlled here

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 6.38.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines