Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swatches disappearing whenever i close illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys i have weird problem with Illustrator:

I was working on a document and i did save some swatches in the swatches palette for later use, for example True black or cmyk "black" 0,0,0,100 etc. I would like to keep those colors all the time. But when i close Illustrator and then open it again, the colors i saved before dissappear, they dissapear even when i open previously saved document i worked on. How i can fix that?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can describe more precisely how do you save your swatches palette presets, I might be able to help you. But have you tried also to save on your Creative Cloud Library? See more about how to save swatches here : How to use and create swatches in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save your swatches in a Swatches Library?

The swatches you see when you open or create a document are part of the document or new document profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The swatches you see when you open or create a document are part of the document or new document profile."

how i can make swatches usable for all the documents i work on in the future?

these are steps i did to save swatches:

Bez-nazwy-2.pngBez nazwy-22-01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make one or more documents (various sizes, various color modes) with the swatches, brushes, symbols and other items that you want to have available and save the document in the Illustrator Application folder > Support Files > New Document Profiles > (your language folder).

They should become available when you create a new document.

The easiest way to find them is to select in the Preferences > General > Use legacy "File New" interface.

Then they are available in the Profile pop up menu in the File New dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think for simplicity, you should use the Color Themes panel Color Themes panel in Illustrator That is linked with color.adobe.com and your Creative Cloud account, this will give you the exact palette you need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color Themes is nice for RGB workflows, but you will never be able to create a black like C:0 M:0 Y:0 K:100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily, Adobe Color support CMYK both on web and in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, that works.

That's good.

I remember it was not working in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well im not able to save cmyk 000100 in adobe colors, it changes automaticaly to 70 67 64 74.

wtf adobe isnt there such simple feature in illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your screendump, you are working in an RGB document.

You will not be able to keep CMYK colors like 100% K in an RGB document.

Use a CMYK mode document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thing is i changed it to cmyk on another document and tried there, still no luck ;/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a CMYK startup document that includes the swatches you want.

Alternatively, create the swatches you want and add them to a CC library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

piro12345  schrieb

the thing is i changed it to cmyk on another document and tried there, still no luck ;/

THis is not a helpful description of what is happening. We can't look inside your head or on your monitor, so you have to describe in a way, that we know exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines