• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text colouring problem in 2017

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a layer dedicated to text to annotate a drawing and need to change the font colour except for one section. I highlight the text I need to keep in Black and lock it in the layers Tab. I then select that layer and re-colour to Red, but unfortunately it also selects and colours the locked text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merida,

How about simply starting with the general colour (which seems to be black), then with the Type Tool select the characters to be changed (ClickDrag), then apply the desired other colour (from the Color palette or wherever)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be the case , when selected at the layer level it also selects and then potentially alters the locked layer...

The only way i could stop that was to turn off the visibility of the locked layer after selecting the layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. I moved the section onto its own layer and did it that way. I forgot to mention that within the selection was a bounding box for the text which was also altered to the font colour. This never used to happen with previous versions, after all, a locked layer is a locked layer. What else is going to dive in there and affect it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could – after locking the objects you want to keep black – enter Layer Isolation mode, then Cmd+A and then recolour the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines