Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Textures

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

90a5eb48911903.58a56e088643d.jpg

Spotted this on Behance, ive been playing about with textures like this from made or found images, but the way i see people

using these textures lead me to believe it was just defusion dither or stipple but both effects create massive files, any advice on how people have

approached this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Just like you said - pixel filters. Nothing you would do in AI. This is Photoshop stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like you said - pixel filters. Nothing you would do in AI. This is Photoshop stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's looks just like some noise over layers and different kind of blending. The rest is just shading via gradinet I assume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try build in Illustrator Patterns. I know it's not the same, but.

Go to Swatches Library (Menu Window) and choose Patterns then basic grapchis - dots..ect.

Try to propare your image - vector image and add color you wish. Go to Appereance Panel (Shift+F6) and add additional fill - Pattern fill. Then try to set diffrent blending mode - Multiply, Overlay eg.

Not the same but looks very nice

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for Photoshop. Paint on a layer set to dissolve blending mode with a soft brush at about 10% opacity and you will get the texture.

There are other ways such a fill a layer with one of the nice filters, and painting a mask with white on the areas you want noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found an .svg filter called "Salt, Pepper and Sand" on DA a while back looks like what you posted. here a link where you can download it i hope: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o9boat4e5rzzrv6/AACYpmslyoVXb9-evygxD7efa?dl=0

salt-and-pepper-and-sand.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines