• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

too many problems make work bad

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't spend time on the community pointing out bugs while paying a monthly fee... hurry up and do your job. are you adobe or what?

I make a list and find it indecent to pay every month and not see the solutions to basic problems:

- the storage and file management system is crazy… if it works for you, you have to create a tutorial so we don't feel like perfect fools

- the textbox doesn't talk to the keyboard but the keyboard talks to all text systems outside Illustrator. I can't move back and forth with the arrows and if I want to delete a single word often the whole text box is deleted

-if I assign a color to a design and then copy and paste this design to a new file the colors change. when the design consists of hundreds of lines and fills the work becomes crazy

- there are no such basic functions as text fitting an irregular shape

- the snap system to guides, points and between objects sometimes works sometimes it is impossible and the logic is not understood

these are really simple problems for you to solve but create a huge obstacle for us professionals. strength and courage, get down to business seriously

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of us here are not Adobe and we try our best to help people out but is very hard if we don't recieve specific issues..?

So to start, can you tell us what system setup you arte running? This way someone who has a PC or Mac can best help you.

What is happening with your storage for it to be a problem?

'Textbox doesn't talk to keyboard' - What are your processes and how have you come to this problem? What are you doing specifically?

With the colours are you going from a CMYK to a RGB environment? Could this be your issue?

Try this for your text problem... https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/add-text-work-with-type-objects.html

Please give examples of when and why the snap to isn't working..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are right and I apologize… but I am really pissed because these are basic problems. so I've been using iPad Pro (iPados 16.2), for 4 years now and the benefits are endless, my work has grown and customers are satisfied. I can't let them down. 

surely the iPad version is improving so my patience was immediately natural. I also visited this space to contribute and give programmers my support serenely. but here things are not changing… I see some cases highly voted by users and present among the problems under resolution for months.

regarding text: I can do only two things easily, select text and write. but in many cases if I want to delete just one word I can't, because the whole text box is deleted. I have to switch to the main tool, uncheck the box, go back to the text tool, re-select the word and then I can delete it. it's complicated to explain but I'm 50 and I've been doing this job for more than 30... I'm not a troublemaker.

about the color: i'm using an rgb setting. I want to copy and paste an illustration from the original file to a new file, the blues might turn green or orange, or a completely random color. it seems simple to me but I can send a video recording to explain myself even better.

for snapping both to guides and between points and objects I prepare a video and put it here.

thank you very much for your patience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-if I assign a color to a design and then copy and paste this design to a new file the colors change. when the design consists of hundreds of lines and fills the work becomes crazy

Please learn about color management.

There are trainings available and there is the documentation for a very basic introduction: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/setting-color-management.html

- there are no such basic functions as text fitting an irregular shape

Are you referring to area text? Or to envelopes? Both are readily available for you.

- the snap system to guides, points and between objects sometimes works sometimes it is impossible and the logic is not understood

Just use Smart Guides.And remember that Illustrator can snap to the cursor position.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/rulers-grids-guides-crop-marks.html

Illustrator is a professional application. Which means that there is a learning curve. You cannot expect to just open it and run it. You have to learn it. And then also practice, practice, practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Monika, my complaint was incomplete so your answer is useless, my fault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines