• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform shape that is rotated behave as if it is not.

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator: V27.5
Version: 10.0
Process Architecture: x86_64
Driver[0] Name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Driver[0] Driver Version: 31.0.15.3203

When a shape (rectangle) is rotated 45 degrees, the transform on the bounding box behaves as if the shape hasn't been rotated. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you supply a screen shot of the problem..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
 A bit difficult since the screenshot in Windows doesn't capture the cursor.
Here I replicate what it looks like when I encounter the bug.

1.jpg

This is a shape I created with the shape tool, I press M in shortcut to create and rotate it 45 degrees.

2.jpg

 Pretend the black arrows is my cursor hovering on the right corner, now I press down and this happens. 
The shape "snapped" to the shape you see above, and behave weirdly when I drag my cursor to scale. As if it is not yet rotated.

3.jpg

 This is what will happen to the shape if I try to scale on the top corner.
It's not the issue of holding shift (scale in proportion) btw. It has nothing to do with it. 

Cheers,

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding it hard to totally understand what you mean or maybe its because I can't replicate the issue you have? 🤔

Have you tried clearing your preferences and or uninstalling and reinstalling to try and resolve the issue..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

After some testing, I believe it is the "Use Preview Bounds" option. After unchecking it, it works again. Not sure why it happens and why it behaves like this. Please see if you can replicate the result. Again it's hard to explain. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines