• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trigger an actions panel item using javascript?

Participant ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to trigger actions from the actions panel using javascript? I see that you can do this with AppleScript but I've written everyting so far in javascript and don't know AppleScript, though could learn it if I need to.

I'm writing a script that creates a lot of complex graphic files and have all the prototypes done except for wanting to change the color of a few of the points in a mesh object. Apparently this can't be done in javascript, so I was hoping to mid point in the script, trigger an action from the panel to edit the mesh, then let the script carry on its way.

Is this possible?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it is now… but CS6 ONLY so your script would not be backward compatible… This has been a top wish for many users and a long time coming…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying the ability to trigger actions from javascript is now available (part one of my problem) or that an action that change properties of mesh points can be made into an action (part two of my problem) or both?

I tried saving an action where I select a mesh object and edit it's points by changing the color swatches and it does not work unless I first select the mesh and run the action.

Scripting a call to an action that edited a mesh would require that the action have the ability to select a mesh, which I'm not able to figure out how to do yet.

BTW...where is THE place to hang out and ask questions to Adobe scripting gurus? Is this it?

THX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only possible way is to use "Save Selection" to save you selected mesh points first, and then insert this saved menu item into your action, thus call the action will get you selection back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW...where is THE place to hang out and ask questions to Adobe scripting gurus? Is this it?

Let me know if you find it… Apple have gurus… Here it's monkeys n muppets and other such riff raff…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh man, I am pumped it is available in cs6!!! woohoooo! kudos for Adobe to listening to us quacking about obscure needs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines