• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turquoise colour in Illustrator prints purple.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
As part of the branding I'm working I'm using a turquoise (CMYK 71 0 26 2 / RGB 36 180 193).
This isn't translating properly when printing, it turns purple, please see the attached images for reference.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Is there a work around?
Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024
Turquoise text is overprinted. Open "attributes" , uncheck "overprint fill".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Federico Leoni 

I've moved your post from Creative Cloud Desktop to the Illustrator forum for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane, first time posting here and I'm sure you can tell 🙂
Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Federico Leoni 

No worries. We don't expect new posters to navigate to the forum and are happy to assist! 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us screenshots that contain the layers panel, so we can see the setup.

Please do also select the text object and show us the appearance panel. The real one from the Windows menu.

And then please check if there is color correction enabled in your printer driver. Desktop printers can have that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika.

Sorry for replying to your message only now.
I've attached the requested screenshots, hopefully these can provide you with more insights.
As you've suggested, I've checked printet settings but no color correction is set. This issue happens at times to providers when they try to print directly from Ai files. If saved as PDF the color issue does not appear but depending on providers the file reqirements for expo stands (as in this case) are usually either PDF or Ai files, and here it comes the problem. 

If you feel to test it on your Ai, here is the color code of the Turquise and Blue:

Turquoise
PMS 319
CMYK 71 0 26 2
RGB 36 180 193
HEX #00bcc8

Blue
PMS 654
CMYK 100 85 30 16
RGB 32 54 104
HEX #1F3567

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only happens when they print from Illustrator?

What kinds of printers are those? Do they support PostScript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,
I am not sure, I most of the time have to deal with account managers rather then the printers.
But the same issue appears to me. Even in the recent files preview icon of illustrator the turquoise it's dispayed as purple (see attachment).

Is it possible that there is a sort color reading error on that specific color code?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turquoise text is overprinted. Open "attributes" , uncheck "overprint fill".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that was it!
Thank you so much! 

Apologies if my question sounds silly, woudl it happen for you to know why was is set as overprint in automatic? And only that section of the artwork, the same colour it's used in other parts and it didn't had the same issue. 

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You maybe copied a black logo from somewhere which makes sometimes sense to overprint and then just changed the color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That logo is in eps, I just dragged it in. 
It was created by externals and they might have set it as you are suggesting.
I'll check now.
Thank you so muc for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is anything else I can advise you - always work in "overprint preview" mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do!
Thank you so much for your help, you made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do not have a very powerful computer, then Overprint preview might really slow everything down. But it's generally a good idea to check every now and then. Particularly when adding work that others gave you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines