Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ugly Spots on Edges of Letters

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I can't seem to figure out why some letters I type, it has this rough jaggy outline/edge. I just want a SOLID color letter. What am I doing wrong?

P-hu6G77.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Try View > Preview on CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing this in Illustrator? Mac or PC? All fonts or just this one? Have you deleted the preference files of whatever program this is being done in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not deleted the preference files. I am a beginner in the program. How do I delete it and what will that do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the preference files for a program will set it back to its default and thus remove any possible corruption that might have affected the program. Assuming that we are talking about Illustrator (since this is the Illustrator Forum) then on a Mac open a Finder Window in column view and with your Home folder selected and the option key pressed go under the Finder's Go menu and choose Library. After that follow the screen shot below and delete the highlighted files indicated:

ILLO PREFS.png

Make sure that Illustrator is closed when you do this.

On a PC you can delete the preferences by launching Illustrator with Alt-Crtl-Shift pressed and answering the prompt that you want to delete the preference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting the preferences will not solve this as it's an issue with the GPU preview. The graphic card or its driver are not (fully) compatible with Illustrators GPU acceleration. You can also see this as Illustrator's GPU acceleration not being fully compatible with that specific video card/driver, but the result is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try View > Preview on CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I did that. It gets rid of what I wanted, however, it makes the letters pixelated and not vector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it makes the letters pixelated and not vector.

You type them in a vector application and therefore they are vector. They just look worse on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines