• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit symbol in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit a symbol made in illustrator CC 2018 but it is not working.

I open the symbol instance and paste the changes I want to make and hit escape but the changes do not stay. Not sure why. I have attached images of what I am trying to do. Trying to remove "Logo and Product name here" and replace with "Mani Advanced Retinol Therapy". Changes do not stay after I leave the symbol. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

symbol 1.JPGSymbol 2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it shouldn't make a difference, but you say you are opening the symbol instance. What happens if you go the the Symbol Panel and select the symbol and press edit symbol, does that make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that as well, the same thing happens.

The only work around I have found so far is to use a file that was created in an older version of illustrator. So I have to copy everything from the symbol I am working in and paste into the older file version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't replicate the problem. Maybe reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines