• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to start Illustrator CS6 64-bit on Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the CS6 Master Upgrade yesterday and almost all of the apps are working correctly. However, when I try to open Illustrator CS6 64-bit it returns this error message: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." The 32-bit version works correctly. Any suggestions or similar cases? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

I had this issue until tonight, and upon seeing this thread something dawned on me, as something similar had happened to me once with some Steam games.

The error means the program is mistakenly referencing a 32-bit DLL instead of a 64-bit. It's all to do with things getting mucked up with the Microsoft Visual C libraries.

Head to Programs and Features, and uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable entries. Then open your CS6 install folder, and browse to the payloads subfolder.

Scroll

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CreativeCollab wrote:

I feel like I need to chime in here.  I just installed my new Master Collection of CS6 all my x64 applications were working with the exception of Illustrator x64.  I Googled the heck out of this and found so much back and forth between adobe saying it's a microsoft issue (.net framework and redistributables) and microsoft saying it's an Adobe issue.

My windows installation is fairly fresh, but for the heck of it I tried unexpectedpanda's solution of uninstalling/re-installing the Microsoft Visual C Libraries.  I followed the instructions to the letter, I even went so far as to uninstall/re-install .net itself.  No luck.

I saw the Lightroom (error unable to start correctly) fix mentioned in a few places, and thought frick I've tried EVERYTHING else.  I did the following to fix this annoying issue:

1) Download the Lightroom fix (mentioned in the link from crebimacedo)

2) Extract the .dll files from the .zip.  There are 2 files; msvcr80.dll and msvcr100.dll

3) Opened folder Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 Bit)/Support Files/Contents/Windows

4) The above folder already contains the msvcr80.dll so I did NOT overwrite it.  I simply copied and paste the msvcr100.dll into the above folder.

5) Tried to launch Illustrator CS6 (x64) and imagine that. WORKING!

To me this says that this was indeed an Adobe issue and their installer appears to be missing a file.  Especially when a fix file from their website resolves the issue.

I would also just like to add that I have confirmed that this file already existed in my C:\Windows\System32 and in C:\WindowsSysWOW64 so my OS was NOT missing it as a .dll; again reiterating that it appears to make this an Adobe issue.

Good luck to the rest.

This one works for me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copying the .dll's in the programs folder really worked,  i found the x86 dlls online that fixed my x86 of illustrator, also fixed in-design,  premiere pro just crashes  doesnt error, but premiere pro cc 2015 running ok

i uninstalled illustrator x64 now it won't reinstall has an error, 

i am running on the new release of Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with Illustrator CC 2014 in Windows 7 64 bit.

After reading this thread I decided to uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable entries beginning with the newest (x64),

however, when I tried to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) 12.0... the following window appeared

I selected Repair  instead of uninstall and the process was succesful, then I tried to start Illustrator and the error message 0xc000007b apperared again, then I selected and repaired succesfully Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) 11.0... and after this repair illustrator started without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, except is was visual studio C++ 2013 redistributable (x64)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed all the steps above, this is the only solution that worked.

I had the same problem with Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 on Windows 8.1 (64bit).

I pressed uninstall and repaired Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) 11.0.xxxx and the error disappeared.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!, well i have done all the solutions that all of you have wrote here and my illustrator dont start, also i tried to substitute the .dll file from the adobe web site and still dont start... i just want to know if the SQL libraries from the Visual Studio 2012 affects the same way as the C++ libraries, does it ?

P.D i have the CS5 Master Collection and also i tried this with Illustrator Cs6 Portable edition..

HELP!!!    

sorry for my bad English, im latin american

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no portable edition of the Creative Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people and Adobe who seems not to care about their user base:

Not sure you are employed by Adobe, but let me advise you something. I am a consultant to Fortune 500 Companies, one of which has over 350 installations of Adobe PCs.  I like to stay updated on the newer releases of the products cause I support them.

Although I have licenses as a consultant from many of these firms, I like to use my own.  I just want you to know that after 3 weeks of no help from Adobe or Microsoft, my intentions.

Today I restored 100 PCs/Laptops back to Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 (I had image backups of them on  massive network servers internally).  This made the process painless, I just did automatic restore images, because the way I set up the companies all the data for each employee is on separate drives.  Within 10 Minutes they were back and working, no more problems.

However Microsoft pointed their fingers at Adobe and Adobe to Microsoft and both lost my support and I just recommended to the CEO let's start piloting more of these Adobe users to Linux.

Sure not all the programs like premiere pro are the greatest but ever rendered a video in Linux with a i5 processor and 4GB ram ?  For 20 Minutes video, takes only 2 minutes compared to 1 hours on a i7 8GB ram pc running windows.

Sure the Music programs like Audition alternatives are really there yet with compatible interfaces, but it is growing thanks to Behringer and MAudio.

I think we can cancel 100 cc subscriptions in the next 30 days , and migrate the graphic designers to Linux virus, problem free OS

This will get the companies I represent, away from the worst consumer negligent companies in the world, Microsoft and Adobe out of the fortune 500 world.

Maybe someday Adobe will wise up and start porting apps on Linux mint (debian/unbuntu) distros.

As for me and my consultant firm, in total the firms I represent constitute a large majority of Adobe and Micorosofts income and user base.

It's time I move these companies to more supportive systems so their support fees are not so outrageous and they can re-focus on other projects I work with them on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obertscloud schrieb:

Hello people and Adobe who seems not to care about their user base:

Not sure you are employed by Adobe, but let me advise you something. I am a consultant to Fortune 500 Companies, one of which has over 350 installations of Adobe PCs.  I like to stay updated on the newer releases of the products cause I support them.

THis is a User forum. Most of the people you reach here are not Adobe people, but normal users. So you might want to address your anger somewhere else.

In case you really need help - what exactly is not working? Installing, launching? Launching in 64 bit? Opening files?

Any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

if face this kind of problem illustrator CC2015 with windows 7 64bit "application was unable to start correctly(0xc000001d)"

Solution is Search in goolge. "windows6.1-KB976932-X64" you can download it.

Close all application

install this "windows6.1-KB976932-X64" ( it will take time around 1 hour)

after restart your pc

and reinstall adobe illustrator CC2015, adobe photoshop CC2015,

Done

Thankyou

Send your feedback.

misbahms1@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the following
message when trying to open up Adobe Illustrator CC 2018

Illustrator.exe – Bad Image
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it
contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original
installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor
for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

I am now getting the following message
when trying to open up Adobe Illustrator CC 2018

Illustrator.exe – Application Error

The application was unable to
start correctly (0xc000007b)

This is really frustrating as I
have work I need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Employee . Mohit are you able to please help
if possible?

I was getting the following
message when trying to open up Adobe Illustrator

Illustrator.exe – Bad Image
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it
contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original
installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor
for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

I uninstalled and reinstalled
Illustrator. Didn’t change anything.

I followed the link https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-opening-applications-in-windows-10.html
in the forum https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2202928

And it didn’t work.

I followed the tutorial in an
attempt to fix up the first problem and now I have a new one. Grrrrhhhh.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=61vwFxnnh5c

I am now getting the following message when trying to open up Adobe Illustrator CC 2018

Illustrator.exe – Application Error

The application was unable to
start correctly (0xc000007b)

This is really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines