Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknow error detected while exporting AI to PDF

Contributor ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a book cover file done by my peer and am trying to save as pdf, its not working. Its throwing an error. My peer claims to have save it without any error. I tried multiple ways to save the pdf in its dimenstions. Not working. 

Can someone help with this?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's in the file and where are you trying to save it?

Can you try and turn off "Save in background" in the preferences and then try again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you describe the specific steps you took to save the file as a PDF? Also you never said exactly what format your peer's file was originally. You ahould be able to simply save a file as a PDf from Illustrator by doing a "Save-As" (File>Save As) and choosing "Adobe PDF (pdf)" as the format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague created the book cover. and I have received the .ai file with the complete package with fonts and links. The same file has been updated for slight modifications and I tried to save it.

Steps:

1. Extracted the package.

2. Opened the .ai file.

3. Updated the file.

4. Now, receiving the attached error for saving, save as PDF or any actions further.

Please let me know if you need any more details to understand this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned that there are links in this file. Try embedding the links and see if that fixes the problem of making a pdf. Also, have you tried making a pdf of any other .ai files to see if this is a program-wide issue or just limited to the one file? If you do find that the problem is limited to the one file you might try the suggestion in the error message and forward the file to Adobe for analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried to create other files and they don't seem to have any issues with export or save.

I will try what you suggested and update here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the elements in the cover not giving error. I have eliminated one by one and finally attached elements alone giving the error. removing the attached, file exports without the erro. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here would like to update I was able to resolve the issue. The cover has ISBN barcode in a vector format which is quite large to export or even to copy to another file. So, I have recreated the ISBN and replaced with the existing vector and it seems to do the trick.

Hope this helps for someone who is facing the same issue.

Best regards,

Eswari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines