• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted stroke on logo edges when pasted into PDF

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a white logo on a transparent background saved to a PNG from Illustrator. When adding the image to a PDF, there is a stroke on all the edges and the logo isn't crisp like it is in Illustrator. There shouldn't be a box around the logo itself and the "Open Road Technologies Computer & AV Services" is almost illegible. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?

screenshot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

tbledsoe  wrote

All I have to work with is the limited editing capabilities of Acrobat Pro.

Earlier posts make it sound like you're also running Illustrator(?)

To get your logo into that PDF (and future PDF's) in Acrobat Pro:

1. Save the logo and/or anything else you want as PDF using File > Save As in Illustrator; don't rasterize or export it
  2. Open the partner's PDF in Acrobat Pro
  3. Choose Tools > Review & Approve > Stamp (in earlier versions, the Stamp tool is in the Commenting group)
  4. Choose Custom Stamps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tbledsoe,

To help you further on this I would require some details like:

Operating System( Exact version of Windows or MAC)

Exact version of Illustrator

Application where you adding this image to PDF?

Are you uploading it on some website?

And for further troubleshooting if we require file, would you mind sharing PDF and Ai file?

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I'm happy to share the files and any information that might help resolve the problem, but I don't see a way to attach a file to this response. Am I missing something?

I'm using Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.15063

Illustrator CC 2015.1.0

The PDF is being used both in print and as an attachment to email. I may also upload it to our website. I will say, the logo prints better than it looks onscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload it to Dropbox or the like and post a lin here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to the original AI file:

Dropbox - ORT Logo_WHITE.ai

Here's the link to the GIF that I pasted into the PDF:

Dropbox - ORT-Logo-White.gif

Here's the PDF:

Dropbox - KnowBe4 KMSAT-Datasheet.pdf

Thank you!

Teresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You pasted a GIF into the PDF? There you have the source of your issue.

A GIF is rendered to a certain background color. Use the wrong color and you get a fringe. In the first post you talked about PNG (it doesn't have the color issue, but still will get pixelated).

Fix your workflow. When you have a logo as a vector graphic, then bring that vector graphic into your PDF. Don't use a crappy raster graphic in your PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I didn't know that about the GIF. My apologies also. I made a mistake initially, thinking it was a PNG that I had used when it was actually a GIF. I tried a few different formats trying to get a decent looking image. However, now I remember why I didn't use the PNG. It pasted in with a black background.

The PDF isn't my original document. It is from one of our partners. As resellers, we're allowed to modify it with our own contact info and logo. I mention this because I can't modify the original document. All I have to work with is the limited editing capabilities of Acrobat Pro.

screenshot2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you will need to prepare the logo with background. The background will need to be the same color as in the PDF.

Make the image larger than you need it (or just at a high resolution). Then place and scale it down in the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tbledsoe  wrote

All I have to work with is the limited editing capabilities of Acrobat Pro.

Earlier posts make it sound like you're also running Illustrator(?)

To get your logo into that PDF (and future PDF's) in Acrobat Pro:

1. Save the logo and/or anything else you want as PDF using File > Save As in Illustrator; don't rasterize or export it
  2. Open the partner's PDF in Acrobat Pro
  3. Choose Tools > Review & Approve > Stamp (in earlier versions, the Stamp tool is in the Commenting group)
  4. Choose Custom Stamps > Create
  5. Click the Browse button, navigate to and select your logo PDF saved in step 1
  6. Stamp the logo on the PDF page as desired
  7. The logo stamp will stay available in Custom Stamps for future use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines