• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning Pop-Up: This Text was Created in a Different Version of Illustrator

Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I created a very simple, small file in Illustrator. Today I opened it, and immediately noticed that my text was acting strangly. Most of my text was suddenly not visible. I can see the text box, but the text is not visible. 

MarleyC_0-1678298336278.png

When I double click on the text, I got the following screen:

MarleyC_1-1678298382410.png

That's odd. I did not save this file any differently than I normally do, and I'm using the most updated version. 

Upon further investigation, I found that when I changed the font, the text suddenly became visible again. 

MarleyC_2-1678298930539.png

The previously mentioned font that was not showing up is Myriad Pro, a standard downloaded font. Why is it suddenly being shy? And why/HOW was this file "created in a different version" of Illustrator?

Thanks in advance!!! 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

It sounds like when you saved the Illustrator file, the Version option was set to an older version of Illustrator (one of the Legacy formats).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like when you saved the Illustrator file, the Version option was set to an older version of Illustrator (one of the Legacy formats).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It just seems so strange because I never mess with those settings when saving files. Why would it automatically do that all of the sudden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you were working with an old file already saved in that format, it's weird. A new file should not default to that.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know exactly what you mean, and no, I actually created a new file. Chose custom presets and everything. It is possible that I had a separate Illustrator file open in another tab that was sent to me from someone else, and may have been an older version. If I did have a separate older file open that I was working on separately, is it possible Illustrator copied over or assumed those preferences when I went to save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, settings should not be copied across files like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and the illustrator file is created and stored online with CC. Happens every time I open, type on a curve is not appearing - I double click and the message comes up. When I say ok type appears. Happening for multiple adobe cc fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received an outside file and had the same issue. I checked the Illustrator file version, and it was current. I tried saving a new file as well. Finally, the only thing that stopped the error was to create a new document and then copy all of the content into the new file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you save the file? To a server? a synchronized folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither. This was saved directly to a file folder on my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to share that file?

Use, CC filesharing, DropBox, Google, WeTransfer or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines