• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning: Tech Twit Question! These New Laptop Specs ok for Illustrator?

New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have had to purchase a new laptop & did so under pressure. However, having reviewed it, I'm concerned it might not be suitable for Illustrator...something to do with graphics or resolution bring inadequate to see real (4k?) colour. As I'm needing to use it for textile design to manufacture, the colour representation needs to be as accurate as possible.

Exchanging the laptop is a bit of a drama & my budget is tight/limited; will this one be sufficient? Or what does has you user experience now tell you is the minimum requirement? I did of course check out Adobe's recommendation however it doesn't mention this particular processor   

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/hp-envy-x360-15-cp0010a-15-6-inch-2-in-1-laptop.html

Deeply grateful for your help....  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I see as a drawback is it is only 8gig of Ram. Other than that, it's fine. You are doing textile design, so you don't need 4k. That is really just a video thing. The one thing about a laptop is you can't really color grade your monitor on most all of them. If you want to see the true colors, a color grading monitor is necessary, otherwise you are seeing what your monitor is putting out which may or may not actually match what the true colors are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Daniel! That's awesome    It's very reassuring to hear that this issue with colour grading is the norm   How many GB should I have?

Cheers Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note that 4K isn't a colour, or a way of seeing colour. It's about how detailed the picture is (smaller dots).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok! So good for photo editing?  What is it then that affects how colour is seen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes "real color graphics" and "low budget" are not compatible.

Try to update the RAM for at least 16 Gb, 32 Gb is my recommendation.

But is a good computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha! Will have to lower expectations according. Thanks that's awesome..will see what the options are. I'm assuming this is because of all the space hungry graphics that are produced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! Following all of this awesome feedback, have narrowed it down to these two....would prefer a larger screen & the flip ability/stylus but not at the expense of performance & functionality.  Which do you think? 

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/catalog/product_compare/index

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines