• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are these strange Red lines connecting different shapes? (Can't interact with them)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been using Adobe Illustrator for a couple of years now and it's the first time I'm seeing these red lines. They move with the artwork but I cant interact with them.

I used the shape builder tool to merge some shapes right before this but I've used it plenty before and this never happend. I can also select any other tool and they don't dissapear. They only dissapear when I deselect the group. 

Is it part of some new features that I'm not aware of or is my increadible ability to destroy anything and everything I touch acting up again?

Normal view mode.

defaultc0zann3k9cyf_1-1634891094504.png

Outline View mode(It's still there)

defaultc0zann3k9cyf_2-1634891110243.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

I was in live paint mode, it also caused me to not be able to ungroup all of the obejects when i eneterd live paint mode.

To see if you in live paint mode check in the layer panel on the appropriate layers. Just undo the live paint mode by clicking Object > Live Paint > release or expand (whichever you want to happen.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was in live paint mode, it also caused me to not be able to ungroup all of the obejects when i eneterd live paint mode.

To see if you in live paint mode check in the layer panel on the appropriate layers. Just undo the live paint mode by clicking Object > Live Paint > release or expand (whichever you want to happen.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines