• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using Export to Screens - Sizes are not constant

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting graphics for Android, the export to screens is creating graphics that are not consistent.

A 48 x 48 graphic that is exported at x1.5 (for HDPI) is coming out 73x72.

I have made sure the art board is not at a fraction. (that is not the issue)

Also it is not constant. I have exported a few times and sometime the graphic was correct (72x72) and sometimes it added a pixel.

This makes me very worried about all graphics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi victimsofadvertising,

I've tried exporting multiple times as you mentioned and found the graphics to be precise. I am not sure if that can be a bug as I tried on both Mac and Windows platform. I would suggest you to check your file and settings. In case this happens again, I would suggest you to contact our support at that moment itself so that we can take a look at the settings and issue.

Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure that your objects x y coordinates do not contain fractions or fall (partially) outside the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have done this. Also I have exported multiple times and had different results with the same artboard in the same location. It is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. If I export for screens sometimes it is not correct. Instead of 48px I've got 49px. 

Seems it is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that is caused by a stroke of 1 pt, this can add a 1/2 pt on both sides.

You can check that if you turn on "Use Preview Bounds" in the General Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

it seems the problem is that the position, x and y axis of the artboard, is not exactly a whole pixel  (x=0.5px y=1234.33px) so I will change to X=0 and Y=1234px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macthecat​
Does that solve the problem?

Does the pixel grid snap work when sizing artboards? I'll check this when I am on my computer, but if this is the issue, we need to report it to the Illustrafor team so that sizing Artboards snaps to the pixel grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that is the issue... but please double check

it looks good now for me. I think it would be a good idea if the artboard would snap to whole pixel

it looks that if you have the artboard x or y axis with ..0.5px to ..0.99px you will get one pixel more even the artboard shows the right pixel size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have made sure that all art boards did not have decibels. (I do agree that art boards should snap if there is this problem)
The problem is still there. I have checked that all elements are within the art boards, and I have no idea why this is still happening. Adobe has not given me any answers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines