Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White bounding box - nearly invisible!

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
i´m allways working with the lightes gray background/user interface in Illustrator. Since 4 or 6 weeks (i think coming up with an update) my bounding box is nearly white (very light gray) so it´s not visible. Is it possible to change the white color of the bounding box?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In strict Illustrator terminology, the "bounding box" is the frame and handles that appear around a selected object. It inherits the Layer color. The default Layer 1 color is blue, and I'd say it's unlikely you've changed that to white, even inadvertently.

So when you say "bounding box" I'm not sure what you mean. Can you clarify? A screen shot might help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be related to an issue that has already been reported a couple of times during this year.

One problem is that some Illustrator users have experienced similar anomalies while some other users have never faced it at all.

I have seen it a couple of times, usually on rather old Mac machines (2012 or 2014 models) and more often than not while Overprint Preview or Pixel Preview had been turned on.

Another problem to definitely reproduce it is that apparently it may occur just out of the blue and may disappear for no obvious reason as well.

John, it usually affects the bounding box handles as well as the anchor points, no matter what Layer colour you set. It gets worse if you are trying to edit objects with very light fill or stroke colours.

Here you can see one screenshot that shows it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/anchor-points-grayed-out-on-selection/m-p/123...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was annoying me and I reset absolutely everything.

Illustrator shows an almost invisible bounding box (even though layers are coloured) when in Overprint mode. This is strange as I've not noticed this before. Strangely enough the artwork also almost disappears too! Like why?!?!?

So switching back to normal view from Overprint fixes this for me! Can't tell you how relived I am in finding this fix. I still feel its a bug as it just doesnt work in terms of aesthetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines